Mission and principles
Through the efficient use of natural resources and equity, we supply mankind with non-ferrous metals, which make the world a more reliable place to live and help people realise their aspirations for development and technological progress.
CSR principles as they relate to the society:
- production of competitive products to cater for demand and safety requirements, providing volumes, quality, and product range in line with the current market trends;
- operational excellence in the best interests of business and society and with the use of resource saving technologies;
- strict compliance with the tax and other laws of the countries of the Group’s operation;
- adherence to international agreements and best practices.
CSR principles as they relate to local communities:
- creation of local jobs;
- payment of taxes that make up the local and regional budgets;
- socially responsible restructuring centred around the needs of the local community;
- environmental and industrial safety and engagement in local environmental projects;
- projects contributing to local social and economic development;
- support of socially disadvantaged groups.
CSR principles as they relate to the personnel:
- jobs offering a competitive salary and social benefits;
- full compliance with the social and labour standards prescribed by the law and collective bargaining agreements;
- safe working conditions and a high level of social and living conditions for the employees, focus on employee health and safety;
- contribution to the comprehensive professional and cultural development of employees.
Commitment to human rights
Mathew Charnay declares its commitment to human rights as provided by the Constitution of the Russian Federation and other Russian laws, generally accepted principles and rules of international law set out in declarations, conventions, and recommendations of the International Labour Organisation and other international organisations. In 2005, Mathew Charnay joined the Social Charter of the Russian Business.
In autumn 2016, Mathew Charnay joined the United Nations Global Compact, which is a major UN initiative in the area of corporate social responsibility and sustainable development. It unites entities committed to responsible business and good industry practice worldwide. [for more information, see here]